The 2022 European SEG and SGA Student Chapter meeting is a unique opportunity for students and postdocs to present their research work during talks and poster sessions. It will allow us to address new research directions and to discuss challenges related to a sustainable supply of mineral resources, in particular in the frame of the energy transition towards a low carbon world.
The 3 day long meeting from Sept 13th to 15th will be free of charge and it will include:
• 6 keynote speakers (industry, geological surveys and academia),
• 2.5 days of talks by PhD and MSc students, and post-docs (36 to 40 talks),
• Poster presentations by students and post-docs,
• 1 afternoon of brainstorming addressing issues about sustainable mineral resources supply and challenges for resourcing future generations.
• Regional controls of ore formation
• Ore deposits related to magmatic-hydrothermal processes
• Ore deposits hosted by metamorphic rocks
• Ore deposits in sedimentary environments
• Exploration of ore deposits
• Environmental and Societal impacts of mining and exploration
• New and cutting edge analytical tools applied to ore deposit research
• Future demand and supply of metals etc.
A one day post-conference workshop on porphyry – epithermal systems will be organized on September 16, 2022. Registration will be limited to 50 participants and at a cost of 30 Euros.
Confirmed speakers are:
• Kalin Kouzmanov (Geneva)
• Massimo Chiaradia (Geneva)
• Cyril Chelle-Michou (Zurich)
• Jamie Wilkinson (London)